PROBLEMS WITH INDESIGN 2021 on Mac BigSur and indesign CC 2019 on Mac Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I keep having issues with Indesign (2019 and 2021 version, respectively on Mac Catalina and Mac BigSur) that continuously closes and will not reopen all files. I have reset the preferences of indesign through the commands listed on the help center and I have also cleared the caches in the recovery folder of Indesign. This problem however does not occur on a windows computer. I have spoken with the help centre, which was also unable to resolve the issues. This is quite an urgent problem, as I have my entire thesis on this particular file, and I'm due to graduate in a month's time. Thank you to whoever will reply.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend following suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if they help you out.

Regards,

Ashutosh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I have done all the steps mentioned in that post. I have also been called this morning from the senior team in America, who also got access to my computer and did all the procedures for more than an hour and a half. In the end, he stated that the computer was "not stable", to which he advised calling the Mac support. I called the Mac support, did everything they said, and finally the concluded that the issue is not with the operating system or the computer itself, but with Adobe Indesign. As mentioned previously, the problem cannot be the file, as this works perfectly fine on my windows computer and even on the windows partition on my Mac. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines