• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with packaging and/or exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of weeks ago I started getting warning dialogwhenever I would either Export a PDF  or when I package my project.

When I package I get this: 1 problem was found with a background task: > Export "Lark_Winter 2020..." (1)

When I use File > Export for a PDF I get this warning:

InDesign has packaged the document "Lark_Winter 2020..." , but the PDF generation resulted in one or more warnings. Try exporting the file using File > Export menu option to view warnings.

Does anyone know what this is about and how to get rid of it? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix it you need to deal with the warnings. Please tell us what they say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, for Derek: Mac Mojave 10.14.6, InDesign 2020

I had to search how to access the Background Tasks Panel!

It says "Version 4 ICC Profile were converted to Version 2 ICC Profiles during export"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a rightful warning, but unless you're very keen on specific color management tasks, you don't need to bother too much about this one. If you want to get rid of it, define a new Preflight profile not to report any errors about color profiles. However, now that I think of it, these profiles only report errors before and upon exporting and packaging – not afterwards. Oh well, you can just ignore them... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into this same thing. And you can't just ignore them. When trying to package the file, it runs thru everything and then just tells you to check that export error (the ICC profiles) and it doesn't make the package at all. It's like you have to fix the error or you can't get it packaged at all.

I'm as a loss as to what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... if this is more than a warning, and you can't fix it by changing the PDF options (I suspect the PDF level causes it, since older versions of PDF certainly can't use the newest profiles), I suggest you change or fix the profiles. No, I don't know how to convert a V4 profile to a V2 profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah exactly, how do you fix the profiles?

I actually got it to work in a pinch by exporting a pdf under different presets that gave no errors by the time it was done. Then I packaged it all again. I think i got it to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Looks like you must be using a Preset that doesn't support supports  ICC color management. Exporting with PDF/X‑4 would resolve the issue. This preset supports live transparency (transparency is not flattened) and ICC color management. 

For more details, please take a look at this help article.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah exactly, how do you fix the profiles?
You don't – you can convert your image (the one with the v4 profile) to a different profile,
e. g. eciRGB to Adobe RGB or something like that – keep in mind this could result in a color shift if you're converting from a bigger space to a smaler one.

For further infos on ICC profiles v4, see www.color.org/v4spec.xalter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, everyone.

The ideas of exporting on a different preset works the best.

It's not really plausible for me to go in and convert each image to a different profile. I was creating a 90+ page book, with more than 200 images in it. I'm not going and converting each one.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines