Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with text frames

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings InDesigners,

I am new to Indesign and am building a document.  I have created a couple of paragraph styles but now when I drag out a text frame, in addition to all the usual handles on the frame there is a thin red line that goes 1/8 of an inch all the way around the outside of the frame. This "thin red box" covers over other text frames so I can no longer see them. My previous text frames do not have this "thin red box" around them. I wish I had better terminology for it.

Please help. I am utterly beside myself with frustration. I need the thin red box to go away.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Perhaps this is Text Wrap Border, please see Text Wrap Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make a screen capture of your problem text frame, and post it to this message thread. It will help us troubleshoot the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPGYou can see the red line around the text frame here. I have found that it has handles on all for corners when I use the white arrow tool and I can manipulate them but I don't know what they are for or why this frame has them and none of my other text frames do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this is Text Wrap Border, please see Text Wrap Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!

Thank you so very much. That was it. I am not sure how I accidentally opened Text Wrap panel that makes me wonder if there is a keyboard shortcut I accidentally typed in. That seems more likely. 

The learning curve for Id is steep and there are a million things that can go wrong without my knowledge. Thank goodness for you guys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It indeed smells like Text Wrap. It does not so much "cover" other text as rather moves it out of the way.

See the Online Help for more: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/text-wrap.html

It sounds like you accidentally clicked and enabled Text Wrap with nothing selected, and so you set it as default for all new objects. So to undo this, again make sure nothing is selected. Call up the Text Wrap panel and select the top leftmost icon -- that's "No Wrap" for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Than you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines