Programmes stalling and crashing

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have the last few days experienced that almost all programmes are craching again and again. Refusing to open, stalling, shutting down unexpectedly - I could go on and on..... (I have Catalina on my mac)
I have tried to uninstall the newest indesign and reinstalled the former version, I have tried to log out and log in againd, restarted my machine, close ddown all other programmes that the one I need to work with at that moment....nothing helps.
anybody got a clue?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Programmes stalling and crashing

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have the last few days experienced that almost all programmes are craching again and again. Refusing to open, stalling, shutting down unexpectedly - I could go on and on..... (I have Catalina on my mac)
I have tried to uninstall the newest indesign and reinstalled the former version, I have tried to log out and log in againd, restarted my machine, close ddown all other programmes that the one I need to work with at that moment....nothing helps.
anybody got a clue?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd suggest resetting the preferences of the Adobe InDesign & see if it helps. If it doesn't, you may use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing app installation from your machine and reinstall once done.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina and Program Crashing

With Catalina (MacOS 10.15.X) Apple stopped supporting 32bit programs, among others the Adobe CS4-CS6 suites. I had to reinstall updated programs and was forced to "rent" the Adobe Creative Cloud suite instead. All programs worked o.k., although many ways of doing something changed, mostly needing more mouse clicks or mouse movement than before with little help from the web instructions that were sometimes obsolete. However, I encountered other problems: time machine backups did not stop any more. When I checked the various library library ontents, I was surprised to find a user lib of some 100 GB!! I was recommended to make a "Clean Inststall", i.e. purged the system disk (SSD) an installed the system and programs again (without Time Machine backup, which would have "refilled" the libraries). The user library was reduced to less the 20 GB with all the many programs reloaded. Then I had no problems anymore. A few weeks ago I installed "Big Sur" (Mac OS 11.0). No problems at all, even the library size was reduced! I would recommend a real Clean Install. First be sure, that you have all traces of acquired programes loaded on an extrenal disk. Mail archives you may find on TimeMachine under Library/Application Support/Mail/V8 contents and restore the locally archived mails.

With frequent work on a mac, it was always recommended to perform a clean install every 1-2 years. May be, Mac OS 15 (Big Sur) is more robust... Good luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0