Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pros and Cons for Installing Adobe Applications onto the iCloud Folder

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

Are there any benefits/consequenses if you install your Adobe apps onto your iCloud folder instead of your internal HD. Asking for a friend.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

I seriously doubt that any applications should be installed anywhere other than the fastest drive you have. Storage space is relatively cheap these days. I'm not even sure that applications would launch from a cloud-based folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Are there any benefits/consequenses if you install your Adobe apps onto your iCloud folder 

No benefits, and how would you do it? The Creative Cloud App doesn’t give a destination option for installations. On OSX you can move the app folder to a different folder or volume after the intallation and the app will launch—I’ve done that for archiving old CC versions.

There is a benefit in saving your ongoing work and assets into the Creative Cloud Files folder because the files get automatically

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously doubt that any applications should be installed anywhere other than the fastest drive you have. Storage space is relatively cheap these days. I'm not even sure that applications would launch from a cloud-based folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any benefits/consequenses if you install your Adobe apps onto your iCloud folder 

No benefits, and how would you do it? The Creative Cloud App doesn’t give a destination option for installations. On OSX you can move the app folder to a different folder or volume after the intallation and the app will launch—I’ve done that for archiving old CC versions.

There is a benefit in saving your ongoing work and assets into the Creative Cloud Files folder because the files get automatically sync’d to the acccount’s cloud server providing an easy remote backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines