Highlighted

Publish Online and Download Interactive PDF version

Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an interactive PDF, which I've also published online. When I export from iD to Interactive PDF, I get all the interactive features. Buttons, hyperlinks, navigation, menues, etc. When I publish online, the online version has all this, too. But, while viewing the published, online version, when I download the PDF, all the interactive elements are stripped from the PDF. Is this a browser thing? Or, is there somewhere I can adjust settings so the from-online-to-download version comes out just like my Export > Interactive PDF version, with all the interactive elements?

Thank you. 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jeffrey_Smith | Most Valuable Participant

You can not include an interactive PDF for download in a Publish Online document. The workaround is to post the interactive PDF to a web accessible site, then in your Publish Online document, create a link to newly posted PDF.

TOPICS
EPUB, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Publish Online and Download Interactive PDF version

Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an interactive PDF, which I've also published online. When I export from iD to Interactive PDF, I get all the interactive features. Buttons, hyperlinks, navigation, menues, etc. When I publish online, the online version has all this, too. But, while viewing the published, online version, when I download the PDF, all the interactive elements are stripped from the PDF. Is this a browser thing? Or, is there somewhere I can adjust settings so the from-online-to-download version comes out just like my Export > Interactive PDF version, with all the interactive elements?

Thank you. 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jeffrey_Smith | Most Valuable Participant

You can not include an interactive PDF for download in a Publish Online document. The workaround is to post the interactive PDF to a web accessible site, then in your Publish Online document, create a link to newly posted PDF.

TOPICS
EPUB, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff. Great tip. Is this new? Seems like I was formerly able to download the fully functional PDF after publishing online. 

My settings are below. Is this as much as I can do (your tip, notwithstanding)?

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.47.45 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The High Quality preset, when exporting interactive elements will retain hyperlinks, but will not include interactive elements such as buttons.

As far as I know, the Interactive format has never been an option for Publish Online download PDF.

So, a visitor can download a semi-interactive PDF using the High Quality preset.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, the High Quality Preset is designed for print,  not to be interactive 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 1