Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online Shifts Photo Captions

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've used the Publish Online feature from InDesign in the past, and it has worked very well. I went to publish our most recent catalog and no matter what setting I use, ALL of my photo captions are shifting over to the left. There is a shaded background and the caption is within a text box that is grouped with the photo it represents. It does NOT look like this (see attached) in my InDesign file. I've tried saving it with multiple variations of advanced settings when publishing, but it still keeps doing the same thing. I have never seen this happen before. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? It's a VERY large file with 248 pages, and waiting 2 hours for it to publish was painful enough, then it was horribly disasppointing when I saw all the photo captions doing this. Thank you!

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi hstupno,

can you show two new screenshots?

One that is showing the page within InDesign, invisible characters showing, frame edges showing plus some vertical guides that mark the beginning of the text. And another one showing the whole page with Publish Online.

FWIW: Are you sure that there is no font substitution is going on?

Means: No missing fonts in your document.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines