• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish online showing hidden buttons on thumnails.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have an issue with publish online tool. I've created a dropdown hidden menu that shows when hover/click the top menu buttons. The problem is that this dropdown menu shows in thumbnails, hidding the page. 

Is there any way to make it not appear?

• Its programmed not to print.

• Its programmed as buttons, hidden until activation.

• ¿Should I use object states instead the show/hide buttons feature?

I've seen publish online documents with hidden menus and they don't show in the thumbnails.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/1a1978c9-5b1c-4d36-abe0-ed6d4bff209c

Thank you!

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Here is a workaround, so hidden elements will not appear in the thumbnail. The premise of this workaround is having an interactive element that covers up the hidden element. This method may or may not be feasible with your design.

Here is a link to a 2 page doc that demonstrates, first page does not show the hidden element in thumb, and second page the hidden element does show.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a link to your Publish Online document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!! i send a link to a part of the document. Some links are not working right now but you can see the problem with thumnails. I also send a screenshot.

LINK: https://indd.adobe.com/view/9c7e195f-8959-44b5-ac56-984155e7ee93

Thank you!

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-11 a las 10.04.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took one page of your example and created a publish online document that demonstrates the coverup method I mentioned previously. This will not display the hidden menu in the thumbnail. If you are interested, I can send you the ID file. Note, in my example, the second nav button "EDITORIAL EQUIPO DE INVERSIÓN" triggers the hidden menu.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/af4d89a5-6923-4afa-b77a-d25cef9d200c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a workaround, so hidden elements will not appear in the thumbnail. The premise of this workaround is having an interactive element that covers up the hidden element. This method may or may not be feasible with your design.

Here is a link to a 2 page doc that demonstrates, first page does not show the hidden element in thumb, and second page the hidden element does show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines