• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online transitions inconsistant.

Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using publish online with the address appened with ?transitions, I nice little trick that gives a nice transition effect.

Thing is, I'm getting different transitions on different pages. Sometimes a nice slide in right and sometimes a fade in.

The document used to have transitions from the "page transitions" tab (they don't seem to work with Publish Online), but I've removed them all. In fact the pages that used to have transitions don't even exsist. And yet... 

I'd love to show the document, but there are privicy concerns. 

Anyone have any experience/luck with this?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The effect only works on desktop browsers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know why that's marked as "Correct Response"... total red herring. I was never asking about desktop vs mobile. And it had nothing to do with the issues I'm seeing.

Not being snarky, just don't see that as correct...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my pages simply side in, which I believe is the expected behavior. Setting alternative transitions in the Pages page is ignored. What version of InDesign are you using?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15.1.1 (latest and greatest).

I wish I could show you... Maybe I'll see if I can get it to do it in a dummy document.

I get a combo of slides and fade outs. And some of them flash as they come in. Some of them are perfectly smooth. Some render the backgrounds a white for a mommnet before the colours kick in (they're solid backgrounds with single images). The inconsistancy is very irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here, I've swapped out the real content with a nice picture of a bunny:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/18628028-ad26-4f2d-80bb-24517712bedb?transitions

Sometimes it fades out, sometime the pages come in with the backgrounds rendered, sometimes as white until the slide is finished. It's very unprofessional looking.

And thought I should check — I've been looking in Safari, entirely different (but still inconsistant) behaviour in Chrome. And dosn't even want to load in Opera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines