• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish online transparency and stroke issue.

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team,

this is my second post as I couldn't add forgotten links for the issue.

Here are the links you can see the issue on page 1 svg transparent file ,4,6,8,10,14,16,19.....

https://indd.adobe.com/view/365b92c3-c7a9-4100-a296-1f63881bd550

and here is the same file exported as pdf and uploaded to yumpu without any issue

https://onirolithi.com/catalogues-2020/

(the first catalogue)

The first issue is missing side strokes on image boxes. I tried for other resolutions 144hidpi included)  with the same problem.

The second issue is that images appear with white background but they are transparent. I tried fix edit>transparency blend space> rgb or cmyk. Nothing. The stroke color is 50% on black only and 1mm thick.

I am using Indesign 16.01 x64 on Windows 10. 

I hope someone could help me.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Hi 2adps,

When publishing a document please select PNG in Image settings format for transparency, you may do so by selecting 'Advanced' tab in publish settings dialog and then go to 'Image Settings' and select 'PNG' under 'Format'.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 2adps,

hm, yes, that's quiet an issue.

I assume: You placed the SVG file, because you hoped for vector graphics in the Publish Online export.

This did not work as expected with Publish Online.

The alternative would be: Place a PDF of the logo.

Hm. Yes. In that case Publish Online would render the PDF's vector graphic to pixels.

Why? Because everything but editable text in your layout is rendered to pixels with Publish Online.

This is how this feature works. This is how it was designed.

What can you do?

Check if the placed SVG is affected with transparency.

Means: Perhaps an effect from the Effects panel is applied.

Remove that effect and try again.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other issue: The stroke around rectangles is not rendered as expected.

Try to change the width of the stroke or the alignment of the stroke to its path.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. 

"Try to change the width of the stroke or the alignment of the stroke to its path.".

You can understand that when I finish a document of 100 or  200 pages with a customer, and correct again and again, for many times the document I exported then to pdf and finally approved ok from customer. Then I should be ready for publishing and I dont want to waste my time or make small movements on a 100 pages document , where a lot of erros may occur or things disappear from document. Searching for Adobe publish online weakness or bugs for what is ok and what is not, is not what I was expected for an almost new service. Its not professional after finishing what is supposed to be working seamlessly, spend more time on it.

Although I can understand what you mean. And if  I was rendering at very low resolutions at 96 or less dpi but at 144 dpi should everything be in their place.

Please consider that to refer it as bug to Adobe so they chek again their rendering functions.

Thank you so much for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention. On page 25 there are some transparent images that appear as with correct arrangment but with white background. Any Ideas?

What are the specs for the right path to publish online docs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 2adps,

When publishing a document please select PNG in Image settings format for transparency, you may do so by selecting 'Advanced' tab in publish settings dialog and then go to 'Image Settings' and select 'PNG' under 'Format'.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, so much. I am wonderging if you know why on mobile Android phone left/right buttons to browse the pdf  not displayed and it stucked to the page linked. Here is a link to have a look https://indd.adobe.com/view/80b7917b-13ad-40fb-89ad-9900f61b2fe7

Although it works fine on desktop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 2adps,

of course you are seeing bugs or severe limitations of the Publish Online service.

If it would be perfect it would not need to render pixel images where native InDesign vector graphics like rectangles are in the layout. That said: Best report the bugs at InDesign UserVoice, come back with the link to the report so that also others could vote for fixing it: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

FWIW: I'm not an Adobe employee. Just a user like you.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines