• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online upload hardly working

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I have been publishing an online magazine for almost a year now, every two months, with InDesign and Publish Online. It has been a nightmare, but I have no choice but to stick to it for now. I have spent hours trying to make it work, by restarting my Mac, by quitting and opening Adobe InDesign and by signing out and in. I have erased the embedded videos just to try, but even then it hardly works! Then, mysteriously, after ten or more tries and lots of hours (each try takes at least an hour, and the files have no more than 12 A4 pages, sometimes with two or three videos), the upload is finally completed. But it is a process I cannot manage, it seems to be just... luck. I appreciate anyone's help. Thank you in advance! (I am using Adobe InDesign 2021 on a 16" MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina.)

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. It's also a question of your Internet connection's upload speed and bandwidth.

Could you please post a link to a finished project so that we can judge the amount of complexness.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! This a link to 2020's last edition: https://indd.adobe.com/view/f54090b1-afd1-4e6a-84be-c8d3cc282df0. I have moved to another country since then—so different location, connection and network—but Publish Online's behaviour remains the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link.

Hm. At first glance I see nothing that is very complex.

Strange…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What strikes me is that the upload process bar goes up to around 70% quite fast (say, less than 5 minutes) and then it takes more than 45 to get to 75%, maybe 80%, and then the alert message pops up—usually Error #40, but, as you have seen, it is not a huge file. Videos range from 35 Mb to no more than 60 Mb, they all have a 480p resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. Error #40. Two possible causes:

[1] File size is too large. Reduce the file size and try again.
[2] Set the system time accurately and retry.

Source of error code definitions with Publish Online:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-publish-online-errors.html

So, is your system time accurate?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time I've checked, yes, it was set accurately. However, though my Mac was connected through an Ethernet cable, I made a try with my iPhone 4G and it uploaded blazingly fast—It is supposed to be a slower connection, that is why I have never tried it before. I guess it took so much time to upload through my home network that the server ended up sending that error message. Thank you anyway for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked your Publish Online magazine on my iPad mini (5th generation) in the UK and it worked perfectly (although, personally, I found it had too many animations so was irritating!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Derek, I really appreciate your input. I think you are right. I guess I can leave the animations to the opening pages. This project was originally conceived to be printed, but the pandemic turned it into this hybrid solution. What do you think about the layout? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines