• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish online - white lines / gaps appearing around images

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a montage style grid to showcase photography, and triangles at the side of text boxes to show which image the caption belongs to. When publishing online, there are often white lines / gaps around the images and the triangles seem to be really far away from the text box. In the design file, the frames are flush to each other, with no fill or gaps showing. I have no problems when exporting to a traditional PDF either. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? It's really really annoying me, I won't be happy for this work to go live without fixing this!

Online document - see the white lines between images and triangles?Online document - see the white lines between images and triangles?

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Hi,

no idea why this happens with PDF ( Interactive ).

Perhaps there is a downsampling of image pixels that will not fit together after export?

What can you do?

Do two PDFs, one with PDF ( Interactive ), one with PDF ( Print ).

Open the interactive PDF with Acrobat Pro DC, go to Organize Pages and then do "Replace Pages" for all pages with the pages from the PDF you exported with PDF ( Print ). The interactive parts of the PDF will still be intact.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

no idea why this happens with PDF ( Interactive ).

Perhaps there is a downsampling of image pixels that will not fit together after export?

What can you do?

Do two PDFs, one with PDF ( Interactive ), one with PDF ( Print ).

Open the interactive PDF with Acrobat Pro DC, go to Organize Pages and then do "Replace Pages" for all pages with the pages from the PDF you exported with PDF ( Print ). The interactive parts of the PDF will still be intact.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried grouping it all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there another work around? Why is this issue happening? Can't it be fixed without the heavy lifting of two pdfs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines