• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I make a document in Indesign for 'Publish Online' I'd like viewers being able to download a PDF which can be printed but not being changed. Is this possible?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

You can do that. Here's the Publish Online Help file.. Go down to the section "Output of Online Document" and see "Download PDF".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that. Here's the Publish Online Help file.. Go down to the section "Output of Online Document" and see "Download PDF".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, yes, but I want this PDF to have a security password so it can't be changed in Acrobat.

(but maybe I don't understand well, I have a Dutch verson of Indesign)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me that it's possible. In her LinkedIn Learning course, Diane Burns shows that you can choose a PDF preset of your own creation in Publish Online Advanced Settings:

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.56.50 AM.png

You can create a custom PDF Preset by clicking in the Export PDF dialog box and clicking the Save Preset button at the bottom left. In your custom PDF preset you can include Security Settings and save a password for opening the PDF file.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 9.04.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks, but unfortunately the security presets are not saved in the presets of Publish online which is rather strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can set security to you .pdf from acrobat:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

incorrect, you can set your security from acrobat, and it can't be change by others since YOU set the password. see my link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Steve says, this can't currently be done. The feature we'd like to have is to direct InDesign which PDF can be downloaded. Some folks would like to have users download an interactive PDF, for example. Perhaps you could add your vote to this feature request, along with a comment that you want to be able to put a secure PDF up for download. https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/33185851-do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed Diane, this is the same sort of problem. thanks., you have my vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines