• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published online documents don't work with mobile devices ?

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear team,  is it not a self-proof feature that should work or not? 

Publish Online is an astonishing platform ! I love it 100%

Although the only browser I found to work is mi browser.

Please help to fix this issue on popular browsers.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Hi, I have seen in the forums that there have been some scrolling/swiping issues on Android devices, but not sure there's any solution other than a bug report. What device are you using, sounds like an Android device?

Please add your vote and any comment to this bug report, which is monitored by Adobe: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/42244105-publish-online-documents-cannot-turn-pages-on-andr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which device, with a HTML5 browser, have you found a Publish Online document can't be accessed and opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, thank you so much for replying. Your helped many of us and hope to help me too. I love so much Publish online and want to do so many things with it and hope to solve this.

I am using Red mi note 8 and Chrome v88.0.4324.141 on my mobile and it doesn't work, tested on Redmi note 9 pro v88.0.4324.152 also the same. Instantly arrows/control bar appear and dissapear. Then there is no way to bring them back an browser is stack on the page displayed nor swipe works.  Here is link to test page https://indd.adobe.com/view/80b7917b-13ad-40fb-89ad-9900f61b2fe7

I am not sure which browsers support or not html5 but I asked some people, with not old smartphones to test it and get the same answer. 

So do you mean that any modern Android or IOS should have worked? Is this the answer?

Thank you very much for your contribution and can't wait for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not an expert in the devices that can access Publish Online documents (maybe Diane Burns can chip in). I've just tested your link on an iMac, Macbook Pro, iPad and an iPhone sucessfully. Perhaps others looking at this thread, with other devices can try the link and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying but I stated in the title that it's only a mobile issue. Desktops tested, working allright for me too. Could you please try your mobile on it and  could you pass it on your colluague Diane Burns to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, your Publish Online document worked successfully on my iPhone.

(Diane is not my colleague; it's up to her whether she spots this thread and chooses to comment.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Sorry, I missed that, what IPhone/version is that working fine?

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's an iPhone Xs Max with iOS 14.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again I asked from some friends with IPhone to check it and they report that's also working on them. I download mozilla and it looks that is working also well. Maybe its a Chrome Issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have seen in the forums that there have been some scrolling/swiping issues on Android devices, but not sure there's any solution other than a bug report. What device are you using, sounds like an Android device?

Please add your vote and any comment to this bug report, which is monitored by Adobe: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/42244105-publish-online...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying. I have tested with some friends with different IPhone versions, and looks that its working. On Android its working ok with MI browser and Mozilla (tested only these two). It seems that's the issue is on Chrome. I tested on my mobile Redmi Note 8 and 9  with Chrome with the same issue. I vote for it as you mention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines