• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing a document Online with flipbook effect

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to publish a document online with a page curl or flipping book page turning effect?

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search around you'll find most of us advising against it unless there's a very specific reason for it. If you give us more details on what you're going to do, I can offer better advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

Do you think it is not good practice to publish online from indesign instead of using flippingbook or isssu.com?  I'm looking for a free alternative, and thought i could use indesign and add some animations (bringing images in from right or fade in) to make the publication more interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Publish Online is brilliant but for me, I prefer to control where anything is hosted. Using in5 would let you do a lot more than even InDesign allows natively and would also create files you could host anywhere.

That out of the way, it's all about content. Do you have a website already? Is it Wordpress based? If so, there's a number of plugins that will allow you to upload a PDF and add the effect that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could explain what in5 is?  is it an app?  It would be great to upload to my website instead.  I'm not sure if my website is wordpress based, i didn't create it.  

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, another questions, do you know if you can host on adobe indefinitely?  will is stay up there or will it be removed after a time?  also, is there a limit to how many docs can be uploaded?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find out if it's Wordpress. If not, find out what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have a look and see what i can find out. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My website is not Wordpress.  I see with in5 you have to purchase a subscription, I was looking for a free alternative.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this link, i will investigate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a  number of third-party apps such as:

http://fliphtml5.com 

https://www.paperturn.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Derek, I am familiar with these apps, but I was looking for a way within Adobe.  I have published online from indesign and added some animations which may sufice.  

Thank you for your reply, i appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add a "?" to the end of your InDesign Publish Online URL it will give you a transition effect to your Publish Online documents on desk-top browsers.

Source: Diane Burns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This functionality at one time existed in InDesign but it was based on Flash. Now that Flash has been removed, that feature is no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines