• 한국 커뮤니티
    Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden

Pushing Enter deletes my text

Neu hier ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

Why when I copy and paste text into a text box, if I hit enter/return it will delete the rest of my text?

Zugriffe

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Ratgeber ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

AKTUELL

Enter and Return are two different keys on a Mac, but I think most PCs call them both Enter. They do different things. The wide one to the right of your right pinky will enter a paragraph break, while the tall one in the 10-key pad will enter a column break (which in a single-column text frame will essentially be a frame break). This sends what ever was after the cursor to the next column or frame. If you don't have another column or frame in a text chain, the type will go into overset, indicated by a red + in the lower right corner of the text frame:

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 7.13.11 PM.png

Your text is still in the story, but it has no place to go. You can see it if you place a cursor into the story and go to Edit>Edit in Story Editor. If you delete the column break character (the little downward arrow in my screen shot after AUT), your text will fit back into the text frame like it did before. You can see hidden characters with Type>Show Hidden Characters.

Of course, if you have text selected and you hit Return, Enter or any key, it will replace what's selected, but I don't think that's what you're saying.

Stimmen

Ãœbersetzen

Ãœbersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines