• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about recovering a missing file

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot question but I thought I would ask anyway...

I have a file that I opened in InDesign, and the drive with that file has since been removed. I can still see the file on the "recent" page in InDesign, along with details such as the file size, but it will of course not let me open it from there. 

Is there anyway I can recover this file? Does InDesign store any information about recent files? Or does it only store information such as the thumbnail, etc. 

I desperately need to recover this file and I am at a loss at what to do. 

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just discovered the document recovery data folder and it seems like there are a bunch of files there that may relate to the file I lost. Is there any way to recover these if I don't have the original? The names of all these files are like "DBSharingShi####" or "DBTemp####" etc. I'm going to look into this more on other question threads but I would super appreciate any advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is no, there is nothing anywhere that would be of any value without the original file. If you had been working in a Dropbox or Onedrive folder you'd be able to log in there and recover the file.

In the future, you should consider that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines