• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question concerning exporting to PDF and colorspace

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After exporting an InDesign file that has grayscaled images to PDF, I will open the PDF in Acrobat Pro go to Print Production click on Output Preview. I'll click off the black and the grayscale images will disappear as you'd expect. However when I right click on an image to open it in Photoshop the grayscale image will open in the RGB colorspace.

My question is when exporting to PDF, is there a setting I can select that will keep the grayscale images grayscale if they are opened from the PDF to Photoshop? Thank you for any help!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

It‘s working for me, from Edit PDF:

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot 2.png

Inspect the image as Uwe suggests to confirm that it exported as a grayscale:

Screen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

If I edit a grayscale or black only image in a PDF, they both open correctly in Photoshop, as either grayscale or black only cmyk (jpg). Check for updates to Photoshop and Acrobat, and also try editing the image in a different version of Photoshop, if you have one. You can extract your images from your PDF and open them individually, if you just want to confirm they are not RGB- Tools> Export PDF> Image> Export all images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Why would someone want to open a PDF (coming form Indesign) with Photoshop???

I tried to re-do your problem, but can't confirm. Everything worked fine. Even with Output > color conversion activated.

Please share your Indesign Export settings. And please check if you really have a Grayscale Image, or if its just looking gray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent5FA9,

check the images in the PDF with Acrobat's Object Inspector feature when on Output Preview.

Do a screenshot and post the result.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Edit feature in Acrobat Pro DC is ABSOLUTELY UNSUITABLE for prepress use. It is for basic office use. Among the many things it does is convert everything to RGB for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It‘s working for me, from Edit PDF:

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot 2.png

Inspect the image as Uwe suggests to confirm that it exported as a grayscale:

Screen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I edit a grayscale or black only image in a PDF, they both open correctly in Photoshop, as either grayscale or black only cmyk (jpg). Check for updates to Photoshop and Acrobat, and also try editing the image in a different version of Photoshop, if you have one. You can extract your images from your PDF and open them individually, if you just want to confirm they are not RGB- Tools> Export PDF> Image> Export all images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines