• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error encountered while reading jpeg image...."

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Error encountered while reading jpeg image. Image may be damaged or incompatible. Resave the image with different settings and try again."

I get this error when saving my InDesign CC document and InDesign is refusing to save my document.

Is there any way I can see, which of my 662 links is causing the problem?

None of my images are embedded and they all use CMYK colour.

Ideas anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Hi.

I solved the problem by hard-closing InDesign, restarting Mac and InDesign, re-opening the files from the crash-back-file and I was able to save the document as normal.

Regards Mie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could try removing half of the document and saving the remaining half.

Then half  again until you find the problem page.

For example if your document contains 600 pages you could find the problematic page at the latest after of 11 attempts.

(This method can also be used to find for example a corrupt page which prevents the File Export in pdf format)

...also you could try to save your indesign file as .idml and then reopen it in indesig and try to save your file as indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please provide the following information:

1. InDesign Version

2. Few sample jpeg files

3. Please package the entire document upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send the document link to santalwa@adode.com. To package the document, Go to File -> Package

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I solved the problem by hard-closing InDesign, restarting Mac and InDesign, re-opening the files from the crash-back-file and I was able to save the document as normal.

Regards Mie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iI get the error when I make a new document and place a jpeg.  It will let me place a 136mb tiff .. but no jpegs.

Indesign2020  help about  > version 15.  x64 

I have reset preferences that made no difference.

I have indesign 2019 on machine as well but that does the same. tried different jpegs as well!

the jpegs open fine in other image editing software.

hmm? the only thing  iI notice is if I  do a tiny rgb file I mean like 72dpi  then it seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I solved it by resaving my images in Photoshop simply under another name.. Strange, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it works for me, too. But I hope Adobe will sooner or later update this problem, because insering images in Indesign with those new jpg has become a long work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines