• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"How do you want to open this .indd file?"

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 2021 update, all InDesign files, when double-clicked to open, now bring up a window saying "How do you want to open this .indd file?" From there I click on InDesign and the file opens, but it does this everytime I need to open an InDesign file, unlike the other programs you only have to do that once and you're good to go. Along with that, all InDesign files even after being opened in the new 2021 version do not show the InDesign icon on the file. It's just a blank icon (attached screenshot). I had no issues with this prior to the 2021 update. Is there a preference in the new 2021 InDesign update that needs to be changed or is this something on Adobe's end that neeeds to be fixed?

To add to that, when I click 'save as' instead of going to where I originally opened the file I'm working on, it goes to the location of the last file I was working on. Is there anyway to correct that as well (again, this is just since the 2021 update to InDesign)?

Thank you for your time,

Nikki

InDesignFile.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please follow this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/file-associations-broken-uninstall-applications.html) to fix the file association issue with Adobe InDesign.

Second issue you mentioned about saved location is being worked upon by product team. You may also upvote the Adobe InDesign UserVoice post(https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/41695588-indesign-16-0-saves-converted-files-in-last-used-f)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please follow this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/file-associations-broken-uninstall-applications.html) to fix the file association issue with Adobe InDesign.

Second issue you mentioned about saved location is being worked upon by product team. You may also upvote the Adobe InDesign UserVoice post(https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/41695588-indesign-16-0-... and add your comment for updates about the fix.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh,

Nikki

PageNotFound.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the link, please try again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solution 2 in that link worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines