Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Internal error" message when placing images

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I am not very experienced with InDesign and have run into a problem. Help is greatly appreciated as I am in my last week of school and really need to wrap up my projects in InDesign this week. I recently updated InDesign, and started working on a file I created a few months back. Everything was fine for several hours as I worked, but then I got an error message when I tried to place an image (after placing other images just a few minuetes earlier) in the document. All the message says is "Adobe InDesign" on the top with an exclamation mark inside a triangle with a "Internal error" message with the option to click "ok". I then tried closing and reopening the file and opening a new file. Now, no matter what file I am using in Indesign, I am unable to place images or PDFs, and keep getting this error. I uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign and still the same issue occurs. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Looks like something is corrupt and broken within the document. It can be anything from a graphic box to an image or location where the images are stored. Can you create a new document and place images ? Place the same images and others ?

Also - Open the indesign document and then create a new document and try to copy content from one to the other and see if the problem comes into the new document.

Let me know please

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like something is corrupt and broken within the document. It can be anything from a graphic box to an image or location where the images are stored. Can you create a new document and place images ? Place the same images and others ?

Also - Open the indesign document and then create a new document and try to copy content from one to the other and see if the problem comes into the new document.

Let me know please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Yes, I tried opening a new document and copying. I figured out that only images that I got from my external hardrive were giving me the issue. So, I tried saving the images onto my desktop before inserting them into InDesign. It worked when I resaved the image under a new name. I still have no idea why it was doing this in the first place, but at least I found a work-around to get the assignment done. Thank you for your time! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines