• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"One or more file aliases could not be resolved. Please verify that the original file or files still

Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm making a moodboard with some photos in it, and i originally had the photos just scattered all over my desktop, when i placed them in an indesign doc. I then cleaned up the desktop, putting them all into one folder, still on the desktop, and when i try to open the doc again i get "One or more file aliases could not be resolved. Please verify that the original file or files still exists and try this operation again." Any suggestions for how to resolve this without having to start again?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you have moved the files indesign just can't see where they are moved to. If you open the links panel you can relink the file and as they are all in the same folder you will automatically relink to all of the files and fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have had the same problem, however, I have not moved the pictures from where I put them in the beginning? But still I get the message "One or more file aliases could not be resolved. Please verify that the original file or files still exists and try this operation again." and I can not even open the document itself — thereby I can not open the link panel.
What is the reason for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines