• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Paste in Place" Objects Not Pasting in Place

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I have been able to copy this sheet over to another page using "paste in place" and all objects would stay exactly in their same locations. Recently, I switched to using object styles. However, since changing, I have been having a problem with my text boxes moving around when using "paste in place." Not all boxes are moving around, even though all boxes have object styles. Is there an option that I should be selecting in the object style sheet to prevent my objects from moving around when pasting? If not, is there some other solution to the problem I've been having? Picture on the left is the original page, picture on the right is what happens after pasting. I'm an using the most up-to-date version of InDesign.InDesign Error Example.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does selecting a misplaced frame and choosing Clear Overrides from the Object Styles panel restore the positioning?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing overrides works for some of the boxes. Other boxes in my original document have been moved from the position defined in the object style and are returning the defined location when I copy them. However, this isn't a consistant action. The titles on the page I posted have a position defined and have been moved but are having no trouble when being pasted in place, but the text box containing the paragraph (has the same settings) keeps moving when I paste in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can share the solution with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issue, please let us know so that we can help you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines