• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The document uses fonts that are currently unavailable on your computer"*

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with several issues in ID 2019, including the fact that it doesn't recognize fonts that are installed on my computer for all users.

"The document "DocName" uses fonts that are currently unavailable on your computer"*

I have a huge project with more than 24 documents, so I need a global solution rather than a workaround.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, with a brand new install of ID 2019 (so, no corrupt prefs file to delete). I've signed in and out of the Creative Cloud app.

I even tried reverting to ID 2018, but it has to convert all of the documents I created in ID 2019, which takes some time. I'm hoping to just get ID to recognize installed fonts instead.

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

This was happening for several different fonts (about 20 or so). While I was collecting screenshots, the behavior changed, so that now I can reinstall the fonts with ID closed, and they seem to work again.

This is very strange behavior though, especially since the files are packaged.

(I have to spend the time I have available getting these sorted out, so I won't be posting any screenshots., but thanks for your help!)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of the message and a screenshot of the menu showing the font and style will help us identify your issue.

-Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happening for several different fonts (about 20 or so). While I was collecting screenshots, the behavior changed, so that now I can reinstall the fonts with ID closed, and they seem to work again.

This is very strange behavior though, especially since the files are packaged.

(I have to spend the time I have available getting these sorted out, so I won't be posting any screenshots., but thanks for your help!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this should be marked as a "correct" answer... Inconsistent behavior and having to reinstall already installed fonts is not a solution.

Because of my deadline, I had to stop troubleshooting and find workarounds. I continued to have font issues, as well as many other issues, and I ended up finishing the project in Word of all things, and it was a huge relief to be able to get the work done (which is so disappointing – that working in Word was more productive than working in InDesign).

In the end, after the project was submitted, I did a full factory reset on my computer, and now I'm trying to decide whether to install ID 2018 or 2019, or maybe to abandon ID altogether, since it doesn't seem to be fully supported for Windows. (For example, ID doesn't even use the GPU on Windows.) For my clients, it's better to get the work done in Word than to not get the work done at all.

This should not be marked as a "correct" answer, since it's not an answer at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Possibly related, I have over 400 documents that all use the same 2 fonts. Documents are packaged with both of the fonts in Document Fonts folder. If I make a copy of one of the documents by resaving / repackaging one of the fonts will go missing and say "fonts currently aren't available". It will not copy the font to the new font folder and any PDF made during packaging will have a substituted font. But if I install the font (Font Book, Mac OS 10.13) it works fine and even packages. So, the font is detected when opening a packaged document but has to be installed on the system to be repackaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines