Highlighted

Radio Buttons not repopulating

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making essentially a performance review in indesign as an interactive pdf. Essentially how it is working is on the first page, there are several sections being ranked high to low. The following pages show each section with space for the evaluator to expand on their choice. On those pages, I want the same radio button to be autoselected to whatever it was on the first page. I gave the sections the same name and made all the choices the same, but they aren't autopopulating on other pages. 

How do I get them to read as the same action?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Radio Buttons not repopulating

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making essentially a performance review in indesign as an interactive pdf. Essentially how it is working is on the first page, there are several sections being ranked high to low. The following pages show each section with space for the evaluator to expand on their choice. On those pages, I want the same radio button to be autoselected to whatever it was on the first page. I gave the sections the same name and made all the choices the same, but they aren't autopopulating on other pages. 

How do I get them to read as the same action?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With text fields, if you if give the second, or more, fields  the same name as the first one, the data entered in the first field will repeat in the others. I don't know if that will work with Radio buttons. You'll need to test it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kacidb,

did not test this, but I think this feature will only work when the form fields are on the same spread.

FWIW: You can do a maximum of 10 pages per spread.

How did you do the duplicates where you see the issues?

Did you duplicate the pages? Did you copy/paste the form fields?

What you could test: Duplicate + Move vs Copy/Paste

If you copy/pasted the form fields, try a different thing:

Try to duplicate  (use the Alt key and then drag! ) the form fields first and then move the form fields accross the spreads.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0