Ragged Line Fix in one style affects text in another style

Participant ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a paragraph called STYLE-A.  As expected, the changes that I make affect only the text that's been given STYLE-A... EXCEPT when I click on "Balance Ragged Lines" under "Indenting and Spacing," it causes a change in text that was given STYLE-B.  Why would a change to one style (STYLE-A) cause a change in text that was given another style (STYLE-B)?

I've double-checked that the text frames involved are indeed linked to different styles. Yet when I click the "ragged line fix" for STYLE-A, it causes a change in the formatting of text linked to STYLE-B.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Participant , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021
I figured it out.  I had to change the "Based On" style option to "no paragraph style."

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the "edit" post link did not appear.

The first sentence should read:  I am editing a paragraph that's linked to a style that I've called STYLE-A.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out.  I had to change the "Based On" style option to "no paragraph style."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines