Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Range of endnotes

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project with lot of references. I want to make endnotes for it. But sometimes there are like different  citations at one time how can I get a range from

"1-18" instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18"?

Kind Regards,

Rik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

You don't – endnotes are not the same thing as numbered references. They are more like, well, footnotes. Except they appear at the end. References may occur in ranges, out of order, and be repeated. Numbered notes do not; they always occur once, and in order.

I do not know of any reference manager for InDesign (nor, might I add as well, do I see the need, as InDesign is not primarily a writing tool). My usual workflow when receiving a Word document in which one is used is to flatten the Word docu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't – endnotes are not the same thing as numbered references. They are more like, well, footnotes. Except they appear at the end. References may occur in ranges, out of order, and be repeated. Numbered notes do not; they always occur once, and in order.

I do not know of any reference manager for InDesign (nor, might I add as well, do I see the need, as InDesign is not primarily a writing tool). My usual workflow when receiving a Word document in which one is used is to flatten the Word document (in Word itself), so InDesign has less opportunity to muck things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you asking how to refer the reader to Endnotes 1–18? As in, For morn information, see endnotes 1–18? In that case, use cross-references.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines