• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: InDesign CC (2014) - still possible to download?

New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, the version InDesign CC (2014) doesn't seem to be available any more !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Hi michaelf32000786:

I just touched base with an Adobe Staff member—this is new to all of us. He said that you can Contact Customer Care​ to obtain a link to download InDesign CC 2014 (aka version 10).

For future readers of this thread, you follow the same instructions to request links to download CC 2015 (v11) and CC 2017 (v12).

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the app section of the Creative Cloud desktop app click on the "V" to the right of the app name and you'll get a pull-down menu. Depending on what desktop app version you have you will either see an option for "Other Versions" or "Manage". If you see "Other Versions" click on it to get a list of versions available to install. If you see "Manage" click on it and it will bring up another menu with the options for earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, yes I had found that... but I used to be able to get the old version there... now I only see 2018 and 2019 but I need 2014 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out of you account and then logging back in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

this will not work anymore due to that change in CC:

Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability and Usage

Remove unauthorized versions

All legacy versions of CC currently available from Adobe ( hope the list will change 😞

Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe is correct. The change occurred yesterday morning in most geographic areas.

But there may be a workaround if you go to customer support.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laubender  wrote

Hi Bill,

this will not work anymore due to that change in CC:

Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability and Usage

All legacy versions of CC currently available from Adobe ( hope the list will change 😞

Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

Regards,
Uwe

I am really puzzled by this development. As I have always understood the concept of subscribing to Creative Cloud was that all versions were available to subscribers. After all there are still many users out there who prefer not to update their machines and would be using some of the versions that are being discontinued. This seems to set a precedent which will inevitably mean that users will have to update their computers to the latest operating systems whether they want to or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re not the only one puzzled. Seems to me, they’d be better of requiring users to acknowledge that they are on their own with older versions and keep access to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But ID CC2014 is still an authorized version, so I'm not sure why the OP is not seeing it!

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ariel,

because Adobe will not make CC 2014 available through the CC Desktop App.

As I understood all this: Only the current main version ( with all dot versions ) plus one main version before ( with all dot versions ) will be downloadable through the CC Desktop App. This seems to be the common rule now for all apps that come with Creative Cloud.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now what for all other CC versions that are still "authorized"?

I think, Adobe will make them available for direct download somewhere.

If you are in need for dot versions or bug fix versions of the perpetual branch of Adobe software you have to contact Adobe Customer Care.

Regards.
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confusing, but I think that clarifies it, thanks Uwe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaelf32000786:

I just touched base with an Adobe Staff member—this is new to all of us. He said that you can Contact Customer Care​ to obtain a link to download InDesign CC 2014 (aka version 10).

For future readers of this thread, you follow the same instructions to request links to download CC 2015 (v11) and CC 2017 (v12).

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted customer care and they told me that only can give me link for 2018.. I really need 2014!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it here :

<link removed by moderator>

thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just contacted customer care and they said CC 2014 is no longer available and they could not provide me a link because it was no longer an authorized version..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phazr:

There is a direct-download link for InDesign CC 2014 in the table at the bottom of this page:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-direct-download-links.html

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i found that, trying to get it to work right now but havent had any luck thus far. Working though the troubleshooting as we speak but keep getting the "installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file." error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Phazr,

Glad to hear you were able to successfully download the installer.

Regarding the installation error you received, try the troubleshooting steps in this Forums post and see if those get you a solution:

Flash Pro CC 2014 : Failed to initialize installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phazr  wrote

I just contacted customer care and they said CC 2014 is no longer available and they could not provide me a link because it was no longer an authorized version..

How can they?

InDesign CC 2014 is an authorized version.

Look at the list here ( scroll down a bit to: List of authorized and unauthorized versions 😞

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes support doesn't get this confusing area right. If the direct download from prodesigntools.com doesn't work, those of us who are ACPs can get it resolved by getting help from staff members.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, Still no luck. Getting the same error message after trying the troubleshooting steps, removing all unauthorized versions and using the cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... if that doesn’t work, then check out other ideas given here:

Also try googling the exact text of the error message (word for word) and see if that turns up a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KRB said:

"I contacted customer care and they told me that only can give me link for 2018.. I really need 2014!!"

Try this link below, read that carefully and follow all download instructions to the dot:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-direct-download-links.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Updates with CC 2014 try the links below:

Windows:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-updates-links-windows.html

Mac OS X:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-updates-links-mac.html

FWIW: I cannot tell if all the download links will work.

And I cannot tell how long they will work and how long they are available.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines