• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read only pdf form after submitting

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After confirming the form by clicking the submitbutton, the pdf should no longer be editable (all checkboxes,text fields,...) when opened. Upon confirmation, it will be forwarded to an email address.
The receiver should no longer be able to edit the PDF.

I have already read some answers to a similar question but they date from previous versions, that a script action could be added to a button / field. It should work with Indesign 2021. Is this also through scripts? How do I create this correctly or can I link an existing script to the button. Unfortunately I see that in the actions for the button there is no longer a possibility to add a script to the new Indesign version.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i don't think it's possible to do in indesign and you'll need to do it in Acrobat. Veiw the post below for guidance.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-do-i-disable-all-fields-with-a-submit-button/td-p/9756536...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/making-a-form-locked-non-editable-after-submission/td-p/89250...

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm those scripts not work on my pdf.
One script just locked the button but not the other boxes. Also with few scripts ther were problems, when the mail jumps open with the pdf everything just stopped working like a crash.

What is the most common script for locking all fields after clicking submit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines