Highlighted

Really Rough, JPEG-ey Quality on Interactive PDF Export

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon.

So I just learned how to create an interactive PDF using InDesign. I was able to place interactive text boxes and buttons just fine in their designated places over the flyer image I was using. I went to go export it to an interactive PDF, and it exported just fine. However, when I went to go open the file in Acrobat to preview it, the flyer (image) behind my interactive text boxes took a sharp hit in quality. There were a ton of JPEG artifacts and noise that was not there before. 

Does anyone know why this happened? Is it just because the quality of the image cannot hold onto its integrity when being exported into an interactive PDF?

Any and all help is welcome. Thank you so much!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Increase the resolution in the Export to Interactive PDF under the Compression tab.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 21.54.07.png

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Really Rough, JPEG-ey Quality on Interactive PDF Export

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon.

So I just learned how to create an interactive PDF using InDesign. I was able to place interactive text boxes and buttons just fine in their designated places over the flyer image I was using. I went to go export it to an interactive PDF, and it exported just fine. However, when I went to go open the file in Acrobat to preview it, the flyer (image) behind my interactive text boxes took a sharp hit in quality. There were a ton of JPEG artifacts and noise that was not there before. 

Does anyone know why this happened? Is it just because the quality of the image cannot hold onto its integrity when being exported into an interactive PDF?

Any and all help is welcome. Thank you so much!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Increase the resolution in the Export to Interactive PDF under the Compression tab.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1