Highlighted

recommendations for a smaller/lightweight laptop for travel

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to be traveling for a part of this upcomng summer, but I'll still be doing some design work as I go.  I'd like to find a smaller, more lightweight laptop to take with me that will accoodate Indesign.  Any suggestions?

Topics

Activation, CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

recommendations for a smaller/lightweight laptop for travel

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to be traveling for a part of this upcomng summer, but I'll still be doing some design work as I go.  I'd like to find a smaller, more lightweight laptop to take with me that will accoodate Indesign.  Any suggestions?

Topics

Activation, CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Windows or Mac?
  2. Which Adobe apps will you be using? Just InDesign or Photoshop/Illustrator etc as welll?
  3. Any other demanding apps?
  4. What is your budget?
  5. How many ports do you need?
  6. Any preference on screen size?
  7. What is your current setup?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One important thing: if you want to use Creative Cloud, do NOT consider the Microsoft Surface Pro X. It cannot run most of the apps, because it won't run 64-bit apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Get Started to InDesign. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac user friends of mine who do a lot of travelling swear by their MacBook Airs. I had a chance to test InDesign 2020 on a five-year-old MacBook Air and was pleasantly surprised by the experience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Windows side of things take a look at the HP Spectre X360 or the Dell XPS13.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines