• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reconfiguring a bifold brochure to be a trifold brochure.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a bifold brochure (based on 8.5" x 11" page dimensions or 11" x 17" when opened) with the expectation that it would be published online only as an electronic interactive PDF. I have decided I need to go analog and create a physical paper version, but the best option I think would be a tri-fold brochure using 8.5" x 14" paper size. Are there any tools, techniques, or tricks to reconfigure a bifold brochure as a trifold brochure? 

Thanks for any guidance. 

Bob McNulty

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No real tricks for that one Bob. No automated tool can really redesign your brochure from 2 panels to 3. I'd just change your document size to 8.5 X 14, drop some guides on the page to establish panel size, and redesign for the new size. My preference is to actually build the brochure with 6 pages, having each page be the correct panel size but either way will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chad, 

Thanks very much for your advice. It makes sense. I got Creative Cloud a few months ago, but I am not a professional designer, and so I have a lot to learn to gain essential mastery of InDesign.  Fortunately, I do find it pretty interesting. Your suggestion of creating six pages is interesting, however, I'm puzzled about how one would submit it to the printer.  Are there any videos or tutorials I could review to understand how you manage this approach? 

Thanks, 

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines