• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovered file from icloud not opening in InDesign

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I kept my indesign file in icloud, and realised i delted it by accident. So i recovered it from icloud but it has just come back as around 30 'idlk' files. There is still a preview on the indesign main page of the first page of the file but that is it - it wont let me actually open it.  Is there any way to still open it or preview any other pages please? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Hi Natasha,

Sorry to hear about this. IDLK files are InDesign lock files. The .idlk file is created when the file is open, to prohibit another person from working on the same file at the same time. If you only have IDLK files, I am afraid your file is not recovered from the cloud. I'd recommend creating a backup of the files in the future to avoid such scenarios.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Natasha,

Sorry to hear about this. IDLK files are InDesign lock files. The .idlk file is created when the file is open, to prohibit another person from working on the same file at the same time. If you only have IDLK files, I am afraid your file is not recovered from the cloud. I'd recommend creating a backup of the files in the future to avoid such scenarios.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines