Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering an indesign file

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've lost a weeks work due to a file that didn't save. I cannot locate an imdl file or a temporary version. Is there any way of retrieving the file? The unsaved file is not corrupt but the unsaved work is lost.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Mark

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "the unsaved file," I think you mean the file that you saved, but doesn't have updates you made after opening it, but before it was saved again. Is that correct? If so, I don't think so, but it illustrates the importance of making backups, preferably not on the same drive as the original. If you are working on it for weeks, daily incremental backups can help with this, or if your client wants you to go back to what you showed them last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with Migintosh's response. You may also check out more about InDesign recovery on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-document-recovery.html
Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines