• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle draws with set attributes no matter what I do...

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. Got a question... Every time I draw your bog-standard rectangle InDesign decides what I actually want is one with heavily rounded corners and a drop shadow.

I thought it might be defaulting to whatever I last did so I reset the parameters and killed the effect and the damn thing did it again when I drew a new rectangle. And again, and again... I now have to go through the motions of resetting every time I need to draw a shape.

If I create a new doc and draw in there though it doesn't happen. Any ideas?
TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Either it is because the default frame, IN THIS DOCUMENT, is set up with round corners and a drop shadow or because you apply by default an object style to any new frame.

First, without any object selected, select the rectangle tool and check the corners and effects options. Check also, in the object style panel, if any object style is not applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either it is because the default frame, IN THIS DOCUMENT, is set up with round corners and a drop shadow or because you apply by default an object style to any new frame.

First, without any object selected, select the rectangle tool and check the corners and effects options. Check also, in the object style panel, if any object style is not applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

^Right. Any object parameters (fill, stroke, effect[s], style), that are set while no existing object is selected become the document-level default paramters thereafter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines