• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle in pdf export effectively changes color and layer depending on size!?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rectangle set behind some text to create a color background. If the rectangle does not cover the full area I want (which fills in the entire background to the left of an image) then the PDF export produces what I see in InDesign. When I extend the rectangle it then renders white and above everything when I export from InDesign. The attached was created by duplicating the page and resizing the rectangle so all other properties are the same. One screen shot of InDesign and the other two the PDF pages created.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the black filled frame is on a separate layer then double click on that layer and make sure that "Print Layer" is checked in the Layer Options dialog that appears. If the frame is on the same layer then select it and go through Window>Object & Layout>Attributes and make sure that "Nonprinting" is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bill,

I have check and both settings are in the correct state. Print layer [on] Non printing [off].

These settings are the same in the case on the first page where the rectangle is smaller and acts as expected. I can take that rectangle and do nothing other than resize it and at a certain size the problem occurs. 

My work around for now is to use two rectangles to cover the area and that appears to do the job. It looks like it's probably a bug. I'm running 14.0.2 x64

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines