• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redefiine Style is grayed out

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for one particular style which I originally created and then changed: if I go to "redefine style", it is grayed out. Why is it not an option for a style?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have some of the redefined text selected? Redefine Style lets you override a selection of text and then update the style based on the changed text, but there needs to be a selection—either a range of same styled text or an insertion point:

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you but this doesn't work for me. I select some text, a paragraph style is selected (with the + overrides) and yet I'm unable to redefine it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lflegg,

in your screenshot paragraph style "Bullets" is showing as selected.

It does not show an override. Why?

You may not have selected text with the override.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to responses given above, I'd request checking out this help article to know how you can use Redefine Style option.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I select some text, a paragraph style is selected (with the + overrides) and yet I'm unable to redefine it.

How can I redefine this style?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, think I solved it. It only has + overrides when I 'select all' because some words are in yellow type. I can't apply random words being yellow as a style I can apply elsewhere. Apart from the yellow words, this is just normal 'Bullets' style

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

although that is a bit frustrating because now I've made a few words in this paragraph yellow, I can't redefine the paragraph style any more? I thought that was the whole point of separating paragraph and character styles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the yellow words have Character Styles assigned? If they don’t, selecting the entire paragraph after you have Redefined and clearing the overrides would reset the yellow words. So here my cursor is in the gray text. One of red phrases has the Red Character style applied, and the other does not:

Screen Shot 35.png

The Redefine Style doesn’t affect the red textScreen Shot 36.png

Selecting All and clearing the overrides, clears the red text that does not have the Character style applied.

Screen Shot 37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines