• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regular view of document breaking/bugging when zooming/scrolling. Overprint preview is a workaround

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) and got the newest version of InDesign installed (16.2.1). On my old Macbook, I was able to use the default view for my document and use mouse wheel, option+mouse wheel, and command+mousewheel to zoom and scroll my document with no problems. 

With my new one I get this very strange segmented buggy view as I try to move around my document. The only functioning piece is the small box in the top left of the view window. Other than that, all elements are frozen. The only way I've been able to workaround this right now is by using overprint preview mode. I have already quit the program and opened it fresh. I still see the same issue. Can anyone help me? 

InDesign Bug.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021
Turn off GPU Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that I can also select "preview on CPU" and this also seems to avoid the issue. It appears this replaces GPU preview. Does this indicate there is a problem with the GPU? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off GPU Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply Bob. This does seem to fix the issue for now. Do you know if this indicates a GPU problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an InDesign problem. There are several conversations going on here. Adobe is aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, ok thank you! I tried finding other conversations but was unable to locate any. I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines