Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reimporting image doesn't keep previous cropping

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

One of the things I love about ID is that when you import an image into a box/frame, you can later change the size/resolution of the image, and ID will automatically reimport the image with the same cropping so you don't have to fuss with the new percentages.

However ... this has stopped working! Now when I reimport it's cropped all wrong and I have to redo the cropping/percentages. I tried trashing the preferences, no change. And I have tried both ways with "preserve image dimensions when relinking".  No improvement. Is there somethg I don't understand? How do I change it back?

Thnak you so much for any help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Preferences > File Handling, is Preserve Image Dimensions when relinking enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is now. But I've also tried with it off, and the same thing happens.

I've also tried clicking on the "Make Content Aware the default", and that has no effect either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm responding to my own post -- I called Adobe and they finally figured out that in "Properties" Auto-fit was checked, and when it was unchecked, everything worked just as I was used to. Someone else had set up the file so there were a few surprises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines