Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove end of story symbol after hard return

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working on two different documents that were not created by me. Need to make them into Accessible pdfs, so all text boxes need to be linked. Best way to do that is to add a hard return at the end of each text box, even if the text box contains only one line of text.

Document One: does not show any end of story symbol after the hard return. So it looks like this:

Text text text text text(paragraph symbol) with nothing after that. I can fit box to content without any issue as well.

Document One.png

Document Two: shows the end of story symbol after the hard return and causes an extra line in the text box. Looks like this: Text text text text text(paragraph symbol) # on next line. Can no longer fit box to content as a result and moves the position of my text box.

Document Two.png

Have looked everywhere for an answer to get rid of the end of story after a hard return. Hope someone can help! Thank you.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

On the first screen shot, we can see that the text frame is threaded to another one, so it is normal that the end of story cannot be seen. Maybe there is mre text in this threaded frame, maybe it is emty except the end of story marker.

To answer to your question: remove the hard return at the end of the frame, you won't get any new paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Could you use a Frame Break character rather than a Return?

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the first screen shot, we can see that the text frame is threaded to another one, so it is normal that the end of story cannot be seen. Maybe there is mre text in this threaded frame, maybe it is emty except the end of story marker.

To answer to your question: remove the hard return at the end of the frame, you won't get any new paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh I see now, it's due to the text thread.

I have to use paragraph return, it's the best way to link numerous text boxes in certain layouts. Threads needed for Accessible pdfs.

What I have discovered is that one must fit content to frame BEFORE adding a hard return at end of text, otherwise it won't work. Many of the text boxes I'm working with have text vertically aligned to center, so adding hard return causes text boxes to shift position.

Thanks for your help :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, by the way, the End of Story character cannot be removed, It's always visisble when you show Invisible Characters. You just need to turn Invisible Characters OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know about invisible characters thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you use a Frame Break character rather than a Return?

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines