• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Hyphenation in Threaded Text Boxes?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an InDesign document that contains some threaded text. For some reaosn I cannot seem to remove the hyphenation contained in these threaded text boxes. There does not seem to be any option to uncheck the hypehante box when I click on the threaded text areas. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I'm using the newest version of InDesign on the Adobe Cloud. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

When you have the text selected with the Type tool and you are click on Paragraph Formatting Controls, you should see the Hyphenate check box on the Control panel.

If you're using Paragraph Styles, edit the style definition and you'll see Hyphenation in the Paragraph Style Options.

You can also find the Hyphenation dialog box listed on the Control panel menu and on the Paragraph panel menu. Hope this helps.

hyphenation.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have the text selected with the Type tool and you are click on Paragraph Formatting Controls, you should see the Hyphenate check box on the Control panel.

If you're using Paragraph Styles, edit the style definition and you'll see Hyphenation in the Paragraph Style Options.

You can also find the Hyphenation dialog box listed on the Control panel menu and on the Paragraph panel menu. Hope this helps.

hyphenation.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this has worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines