Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove nested style for small portion of text

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've set up nested styles in InDesign so that when pasting in a Bible passage, it automatically puts all the numbers as small at the beginning of each verse. However, there are rare occasions when numbers are mentioned as part of the text that just need to be regular size (e.g. 20 gallons of water). How do I remove the nested style just for that number? 

A screenshot is attached to show how it looks, and I've highlighted where I'd like the numbers to be normal. (FYI I have InDesign CS5)

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.32.21.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.34.27.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Thank you. Sorry, I've realised I've overcomplicated what I need to do. I didn't realise I could just change the style for the highlighted section, I though I had to disable the nested style somehow. I will just change the style manually for these numbers, rather than worry about it being factored into the nested styles. 

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we know a precise diferences between those two types of numbers in your file we can help you.
For example, if the superscript digits could be find only after the dot + space and before a capital letter and without space?

Could the normal numbers be find after the dot and before a capital letter? If they could, is there a space after the numbers?

Can you give us other differences between those numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Sorry, I've realised I've overcomplicated what I need to do. I didn't realise I could just change the style for the highlighted section, I though I had to disable the nested style somehow. I will just change the style manually for these numbers, rather than worry about it being factored into the nested styles. 

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You might want to duplicate the style and apply it to paragraphs that need to be overridden so you can identify them easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines