• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing missing graphic font (eps file)

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a math book in iMac computer with indesign software. and then I opened the file in my pc (windows7), and suddenly I got yellow warning with missing font called HelveticaNeue that is used by mathmagic software. and when I export to pdf, I see that the indesign replace this font automatically to "Courier New" Font.
you can see the warning I have, and how the font appear in the pdf after exporing
in my pc (windows 7) I installed an authorized mathmagic pro edition for indesign. but I still have the warning with this missing font.

Untitled-1.jpg

can you help me how to replace the missing font with another font?

Thank you
Shadi

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

When you are creating the EPS's, you should have the option to embed fonts. Looking at your Font replacement dialog, it indicates fonts are not embedded. In any case, you should do this particularly on a cross-platform file. The other option is to obtain a Windows version of the Helevtica Neue and install that. However, since Helvetica Neue on OS X is a TrueType (ttc) font file, you may not be able to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

In addition to the good information above, if you have the option to save the Mathmagic art file as a PDF, that would be preferred over an .eps, embedding the fonts if possible. If there is no option to embed the fonts, open the art file in Acrobat and use a Preflight Profile to embed the fonts– Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups> Embed missing fonts. You could also try opening the .eps in Illustrator, if the fonts are available, you can save as a PDF using the Illustrator default settin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are creating the EPS's, you should have the option to embed fonts. Looking at your Font replacement dialog, it indicates fonts are not embedded. In any case, you should do this particularly on a cross-platform file. The other option is to obtain a Windows version of the Helevtica Neue and install that. However, since Helvetica Neue on OS X is a TrueType (ttc) font file, you may not be able to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the good information above, if you have the option to save the Mathmagic art file as a PDF, that would be preferred over an .eps, embedding the fonts if possible. If there is no option to embed the fonts, open the art file in Acrobat and use a Preflight Profile to embed the fonts– Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups> Embed missing fonts. You could also try opening the .eps in Illustrator, if the fonts are available, you can save as a PDF using the Illustrator default settings, which should embed the fonts. You could also change the file to black only, if this is intended for commercial printing.

embed preflight.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines