Replacing photos in InDesign making others paler

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a book in InDesign. Having seen a proof from the printer, I decided to adjust some of the mono photos in Photoshop using levels and curves layers. When I replaced the original photos in the InDesign file with the adjusted ones, some of them made all the photos on that spread paler. The adjusted photos were duplicates of the previous photos. This problem only occurs with some of the adjusted photos but not all of them. I have not been able to trace any difference between the photos in terms of file characteristics. They are all Grayscale, 8 Bits / Channel.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Replacing photos in InDesign making others paler

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a book in InDesign. Having seen a proof from the printer, I decided to adjust some of the mono photos in Photoshop using levels and curves layers. When I replaced the original photos in the InDesign file with the adjusted ones, some of them made all the photos on that spread paler. The adjusted photos were duplicates of the previous photos. This problem only occurs with some of the adjusted photos but not all of them. I have not been able to trace any difference between the photos in terms of file characteristics. They are all Grayscale, 8 Bits / Channel.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 22, 2020 0

Have something to add?