• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing text boxes is always proportional on InDesign 15.0.3

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an update InDesign won't let me change the size of a text box normally anymore. If I try to grab the middle bottom anchor to extend down a text box or image the width also changes at the same time. This would only happen if I held down shift while sizing. Now its a default. Holding down shift does not help to extend the length only. How can I fix this?

InDesign 15.0.3

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset your InDesign settings, I don't have such behavior on my ID 15-0-3. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-weird-indesign-problems-101-new/m-p/11006337

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed almost all the steps and it didn't fix it. I deleted the library, uninstalled with removing preferences and installing it again. It does not fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I tried to replicate this on my end but did not see any problem with resizing of the text box as you mentioned. Would you mind sharing version of  the OS? Also, does it happen on a specific file or all?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skald89,

make one document with a dummy text frame available. You could attach it to your answer or upload it to Dropbox or a similar service. In this case please post a download link.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With no objects selected (or with your problem textframe selected), go to Object > Textframe Options (Cmd/Ctrl+B) and go to the Auto-Size tab. You probably want it set to OFF, if no object frames are selected.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying.
It is set to 'off' but problem still exists.

Thx.

Larry Collins
201-388-0262

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: A computer restart seems to have fixed this issue for me. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines