• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore ready-to-print file

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there any way to restore a ready-to-print file in Indesign? I know chances are very small, anyway I ask.

I have a client who only has a ready-to-print file and would like me to make some changes inside and print it again (on professional printer).

Thanks if you can help.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "ready-to-print file"? Is this not an .indd-file? Is this PDF? 

You can't revert PDF to indd. 

Фарш невозможно провернуть назад (minced meat cannot be turned back to cow)

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a PDF – there's a third part app that might help: https://www.recosoft.com/how-do-you-convert-pdf-file-to-indesign-cc-2018-file-with-pdf2id/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Publisher also allows the opening of PDFs to make edits. I hear it's very good, but I cannot attest to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - just if you're need to do few changes in the pdf. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a toy for rich boys. If you want styles and normally editing source better to do publication from the scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your comment, what's a toy for rich boys? What does rich boys mean? 

Yes, having the source file would be better, but from the OP it doesn't seem like it's possible.

Acrobat DC has some very good editing tools also. That would be my first choice to make minor edits. 

Doing the publication from start would be an option, but could be time-consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It means waste time/monkey business if you're need to change many things. 

According to Affinity Publisher I do recommend to check one more program: Iceni Infix.

And I cry with millions users of InDesign in uservoice about ability to redact PDF directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines