• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reuse and Updating of Content

Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am hoping to somehow be able to create and reuse content much like how you add items to a library.

The only thing that I need to do however is once an update is made to that content all other instances of that content is updated also?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

An easy way without using another software, You can place InDesign over another InDesign document and copy paste, then if you edit the Link you will apply the change to all instance,

And you can do the same if whit Illustrator and Photoshop

I Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

There are many ways but I need to know the content, Text, Images, logos?

Best

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it would be a number of different pieces of content, ie text box with text and a small graphic. If you can imagine a user guide which has a warning box to say you should wear eye protection with a small warning sign. This would be duplicated in various places in the document however I would like to have the ability to update this if required. Those updates should then reflect in all the instances of that warning message in the document.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easy way without using another software, You can place InDesign over another InDesign document and copy paste, then if you edit the Link you will apply the change to all instance,

And you can do the same if whit Illustrator and Photoshop

I Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks, would you be able to elaborate on "place InDesign document over another InDesign document"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines