• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reveal Content in InDesign (Buttons within Buttons)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a question about reveal buttons. After the user clicks a button  (button A) to enlarge the graphic Button B), is it possible to have a nested button within Button B that will reveal more content leaving Button B where it is? Basically nesting buttons.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

I've Figured this out. Short answer is, yes, I can do nested buttons!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your final format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Interactive PDFs you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website.
Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability ā€“ only click ā€“ you should avoid multi-action buttons  like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSO) donā€™t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering. I have the basics of making a button, and then revealing a graphic (which as i understand it, is easiest if you also make it a button) after the first button is clicked on. I'm curious, if it is possible to have ANOTHER button on the revealed art... Like a "close X" or yet another graphic reveal. Sorry if this makes no sense. I've made it clear to the client that the document is to be viewed on Lap or desktop, as I understand the limitations in the PDF interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've Figured this out. Short answer is, yes, I can do nested buttons!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you figure this out? Can you go through the steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it's been over a year, so I'm not sure if anythng has changed. If I remember, the trickiest part was making sure all the buttons and states do the correct thing. In the original question, I wanted to know if i could reveal a layer that also had it's own buttons on it that controlled that layer, such as reveal another layer on top of it. The answer was yes, and all you have to do is create the new buttons on the revealed layer, and make sure the states are set correctly. Some tiral and error to make sure they worked correctly was needed.

Sorry I can't give you a more detailed breakdown, as your case may be different, and I honestly don't rmember the specifics, but that is the gist of what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines