• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Review feature - is a client account required?

Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this out by sending to a different email of my own to see what would happen.

To my surprise, it wanted me to create an account.
Is creating an account required for a client in order to be able to review a document?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

This document will be helpful for you: Share the document for review – FAQ

And specifically numbers 2 and 9:

2. Should I select the option “invite only” or “public” when sharing the document? 

You can choose these options based on the access level you want to provide to your document.

• Invite only: Use this option to share the document with stakeholders using the Email address associated with their Adobe ID. 
  • Note: Stakeholders cannot reshare this link for review with anyone else. 
  • Public li

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This document will be helpful for you: Share the document for review – FAQ

And specifically numbers 2 and 9:

2. Should I select the option “invite only” or “public” when sharing the document? 

You can choose these options based on the access level you want to provide to your document.

• Invite only: Use this option to share the document with stakeholders using the Email address associated with their Adobe ID. 
  • Note: Stakeholders cannot reshare this link for review with anyone else. 
  • Public linkAny person with access to the URL can access the document. You can secure public links with a password that you share with stakeholders invited for review.  

9. Can the reviewer review my document without creating an Adobe ID? 

Yes, the review is possible without signing in with Adobe ID. If you have created a public link, then the reviewer will not be prompted for any Adobe credentials and they can comment as a guest user. 

Note: Guest login is available only if Commenting for public users has been checked under public settings by the owner of the document.  

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines