• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revision Tracking for Indesign

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign newbie here, I know there is a track changes feature in Indesign, but that appears to apply mostly to text. The documents I work with are image heavy with the image changes needing to be tracked the most. What are some workflows or scripts that you use to track revisions? 

I know this is a long shot but if any of you regularly work with Solidworks PDM, do you know of a way to track changes through there?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's: Windows > Editorial > Track Changes – but I've never used it myself.

If you were Placing a graphic, made from Solidworks, into an InDesign document with text, maybe consider creating a PDF of the document for circulation, so that others could  note comments on it and email it back to you – just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned the Windows > Editorial> Track Changes seems to apply to text and not images. We use images exported from Solidworks Composer to show installation views. Right now the workflow does have the draft saved out as a PDF and that is sent out to review. The revision process is to track to guides that have already been released but now need to be ECO'd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give PDF Comparator a try: https://www.premediasystems.com/pdf-comparator.html

Since you're using solidworks, you may also be interested in Bluebeam Revu. It's a great PDF editing and viewing program, and was designed for use in the AEC industries. It's got the same kind of pixel-based compare feature that PDF Comparator does. Both of these programs would be for comparing two PDFs, as opposed InDesign content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If any of the above-mentioned solutions or suggestions helped, please mark them correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines